Bearded Women Racing continued its successes in the DORBA Fall Series on September 21st at the Northshore Trail on Lake Grapevine. Our members spent many hours at Northshore leading up to the race to pre-ride the course, which was definitely evident when it came to the awards! The trail consists of several miles of challenging terrain guaranteed to challenge any rider.
I think it is safe to say that Bearded Women Racing was well represented on the podium. Phil Hollings won 1st place in Cat 2. Brandon Schrader took home a well-derved 2nd place in Cat 2 (Single Speed). Mike D’Aurelio placed 2nd in Cat 1. Melissa Dalton, Brittany Smith, and Keith McDonald all made the podium in their age groups for Cat 3. Our members are continuing to train hard and are looking forward to the next race, Biketoberfest at Rowlett Creek Preserve!
Here are the full team results and photos from the day:
- Mike D’Aurelio, 2nd, Men 60 +
- Eric Swarvar (open), 5th, SS
- Brandon Schrader, 2nd, SS
- Phil Hollings, 1st, Men 60 +
- Daniel Smith, 8th, Men 30 – 34
- Moreece Griffin, 6th, Men 30 – 39
- Armando Zermeno, 14th, Men 30 – 39
- Brittany Smith, 2nd, Women 19 – 29
- Melissa Dalton, 3rd, Women 40 +
- Keith McDonald, 2nd, Men 40 – 49
- Daniel Smith, 13th, Men 30 – 39
- Chris Torrez, 29th, Men 30 – 39