The first race of the DORBA Fall Series was huge success for the team. Our members have been putting in a lot of time for training and it showed on one of the more difficult trails in the DFW area. Boulder Park can be quite tricky with quick, steep ascents, and rocky, loose descents. DORBA had 245 racers in attendance with the intent to conquer it’s southern trail, and many quickly found out you need a lot of cardio and some fearlessness in being able to make your way around the 8 mile course.
Bearded Women Racing continues to improve and gain podium and top ten places in several of the Cat 3 categories, but also has racers in Cat 2 and Cat 1 showing they’re capable of obtaining high placing. Racing member Keith McDonald and new Riding member Melissa Dalton took 1st respectively in their categories. Mike D’Aurelio and James Henson also took 1st in their categories. Other notable podium makers where Moreece Griffin, Brandon Schrader, and Jonathan Braddick.
Here are the full team results and photos from the day:
- Mike D’Aurelio, 1st, Men 60 +
- Brandon Schrader, 3rd, SS
- James Henson, 1st, Men 60 +
- Corey Fawcett, DNF mechanical
- Moreece Griffin, 3rd, Men 30 – 39
- Armando Zermeno, 6th, Men 30 – 39
- Nathan Delahoussaye, 9th, Men 30 – 39
- Jonathan Braddick, 2nd, Clydesdale
- Melissa Dalton, 1st, Women 40 +
- Keith McDonald, 1st, Men 40 – 49
Leave a Reply